How can you freshen up your home? Call big red 0418 652 571
big red service: pet odour removal | spot and stain removal
BASIC RULES OF STAIN REMOVAL
- Attend to stain or spill promptly.
- Scrape or blot up excess.
- Work from the outside back into the centre of the stain to avoid spreading it.
- Dilute with warm water and sop up excess with a colour fast towel. (Use cold water for protein spills such as blood).
- Repeat for as long as you are achieving a positive result.
- If the water and dry towel process stops working, use a warm water and detergent solution (1 tspn : 1 ltr of water) and blot dry.
- Repeat for as long as you are achieving a positive result. In most cases this is all you will need to remove most fresh stains.
- If more is required to remove residual stain, look for your particular stain in our Stain Removal Advice tab paying attention to the following points.
- Don’t over wet with solvents (eg turps, eucalyptus oil and dry cleaning fluid), they can damage the carpet backing.
- Dont use salt. Contrary to popular belief this only helps by drawing up some of the liquid. A dry colour fast towel will do a better job in half the time with less mess.
- Don’t scrub!
- Avoid bleach products.
- If you can’t remove a fresh stain, keep it moist by covering with a damp towel. Not allowing it to set can make it easier to remove for a professional with the right products and equipment.