How can you bring your carpets back to life? Call big red 0418 652 571
CARPETS – cleaning, sanitising, deodorising & protecting
We offer a total care package that cleans, sanitises, deodorises and protects carpets. Our treatments help combat allergens from pests such as dust mites, and we offer environmentally friendly carpet protection products. We use a variety of cleaning methods in order to deliver the best results for your specific carpets.
1. Hot water extraction / steam cleaning First form of treatment recommended by carpet manufacturers. Hot water extraction is the main and best method used for thoroughly cleaning carpets.
2. Encapsulation / low Moisture Particularly useful for the maintenance of commercial carpets, encapsulation uses world-class chemistry that surrounds the dirt particles in a way that stops it attracting other soil and then encapsulates the soil particle to dry into a crystal form. This allows the dirt particles to be released from the carpet fibre to dry into a crystal, and then be easily vacuumed up. And since there’s no dirt attracting residue left behind, the carpet stays clean longer.
3. Absorbtion / low moisture cleaning A good system when used in conjunction with a hot water extraction restorative cleaning process. Using a rotary absorbent pad, this method has low moisture and therefore dries quicker, allowing almost immediate walk on.
Maintaining your carpet When it comes to maintaining your carpet, one of the most critical areas of focus is the high traffic areas. If soil is not removed on a regular basis, the traffic areas will begin to wear excessively. The dirt is extremely abrasive against the fibres of the carpet as you walk back and forth on it. The second area of focus of course is spot removal. You must react to “danger” spots immediately. Red wine, red beverages, urine, blood, etc. can cause a permanent stain if not treated immediately.
RUGS – cleaning
From the precious oriental rugs through to more contemporary style rugs, we have specialised cleaning, protection and stain treatments to enhance and protect your rugs. On diagnosis of your rug we will determine the condition and type of fibre and dyes used in its construction to be able to advise you of an individual and safe cleaning process specific to your rug.
Rugs we specialise in are: suede, woven, traditional, Persian, Ukrainian, Moroccan, Turkish, Japanese bamboo, Oriental, South American, handmade, hatsul, Berber, cow hide, Marrakesh, silk, luxury antique style and many more.
With our entire specialised rug cleaning treatments your rug will definitely go under a minimum 10 step process.
- Pre inspection: We examine your rug and look for degeneration due to aging, discolouration, shrinking, check for unstable dyes – running, balling, permanent stains and odours as well as any issues you may have. These will be noted to you.
- Testing: we test for dyes that are not colour fast and may run.
- Vacuum: we do this on both sides of your carpet using specialised machinery.
- Pre Treatment: wWe spot stains before starting the full pre spray treatment.
- Pre spray: we spray your carpet with the specific treatment that is safe and made for your specific rug.
- Rinsing: this treatment is specific to the type of rug.
- Hot water extraction: this applies once again to specific rugs and not all.
- Encapsulated: on specific rugs only.
- Fully immersed clean in water bath: only to specific rugs.
- Grooming: this is like brushing your hair to set the pile of the rug in its natural fall.
- Dry cleaning: this action is done with bonnets to speed up drying and on certain rugs.
- Drying: this process is where we use commercial dryers to speed up up the drying process.
- Vacuumed again to remove any further loose particles
- Residue rinse: this is where we apply a specialised chemical that will neutralise any residue left on your rug from any above process leaving your rug soft to the touch and retarding re-soiling.
- Fringe restoration if needed
- Odour control: upon your request. Specific chemicals are used to breakdown specific odours.
- Protection: upon your request. A protector i.e. Scotch guard is applied in order to prolong the carpet’s life and keep it in pristine condition.
- Final inspection: We will thoroughly inspect your rug before delivery and give it the tick of approval.
We can also provide specialised stain treatments, pet odour treatments and recondition water and smoke damaged rugs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – CARPETS & RUGS – click for answers to the questions below.
Is steam cleaning a carpet the best or the only method you offer?
How long will it take for my carpets to dry after cleaning?
Can you guarantee removal of all stains from carpets?
How often should you clean your carpets?
Once a carpet is cleaned does it re-soils shortly after?
Do ‘green’, eco-friendly carpet cleaning products actually work?
How soon can I walk on my carpets after you have cleaned?
Should I protect my carpets and fabrics with a protector?
RUGS – FAQ
Can you clean all styles of rugs?
What is your process when cleaning rugs?
How often should I have my rug cleaned?
Can you clean my rug onsite?
How much does it cost to have my rug steam cleaned onsite?
Do you offer off site rug cleaning?
How long does the offsite cleaning take?
How long does it take to dry?
Do you have a loyalty program as we have many rugs and would love for you to clean them all?
Can I pay for my rugs when you deliver them?
Do you charge for pickup and delivery?
Can you give me some tips on how to look after my rugs in between your professional cleans?
Do you have insurance for my rugs when they are picked up and stored in your facility?
Do you guarantee removal of pet odour?
What should I do if my rug is damaged from a flood or water damage?
Can you apply rug protection on my rug?
Answers to the question above are in our FAQ section. If you have any other questions please contact BIG RED Cleaning & Pest Management